Those auditioning should enter through the west “Stage Door” entrance and proceed to the check-in table downstairs.
Show Dates: August 16 – September 15, 2019 in the Howard Drew Theatre
Director: Susie Baer Collins
Rehearsals: Begin approximately mid June 2019
Description: Winner of the 2017 Pulitzer Prize, SWEAT is a head-first dive into working class America. A three-time Tony Award® nominee, SWEAT follows a group of steelworkers whose steady march toward the American dream is uprooted by economic change. As their sense of security slowly unravels, jobs and relationships are left in the wake. Punctuated with lively humor, SWEAT goes to the heart of what it means to be human—both good and bad—when fear and uncertainty take hold. Disclaimer: Contains adult language and violence.
Jason, white American of German descent, twenty-one / twenty-nine
Chris, African-American, twenty-one / twenty-nine
Stan, white American of German descent, fifties
Oscar, Colombian-American, twenty-two / thirty
Tracey, white American of German descent, forty-five / fifty-three
Cynthia, African-American, forty-five / fifty-three
Jessie, Italian-American, forties
Brucie, African-American, forties
What to Bring:
All contact information, personal schedules and a list of rehearsal conflicts with which to fill out an audition form.
Once will include actors playing instruments. If you are interested in this specific musical and have an instrument, please bring the instrument with you and be prepared to play 16 bars of music of your choice. You may also accompany your own singing audition if you prefer.
Actors please be prepared with the following:
- Sheet music with 16 bars ready to sing (an accompanist will be provided)
- ONCE the musical will include actors playing instruments. If you are interested in this specific musical and have an instrument, please bring the instrument with you and be prepared to play 16 bars of music of your choice. You may also accompany your own singing audition if you prefer.
- There will be a dance audition, so actors should be dressed to move (no boots, sandals, flip-flops, etc.)
- You will be asked to fill out an audition form, please have all necessary contact information and schedules available to complete the form.
- A recent photo to attach to your audition form. Please note, the photos do not need to be professional and will not be returned.