The Nebraska Theatre Caravan will hold auditions for youth (ages 7 – 18) and adults (ages 19 and older) for the anticipated national touring production of A Christmas Carol. Auditions will be held Saturday, August 8, 2020 at the Omaha Community Playhouse, 6915 Cass Street. Please enter through the stage door on the west side of the building. Youth auditions will be at 11am followed by adult auditions at noon.
The audition will include singing and reading from the script, followed by movement. Applicants should bring a resume and headshot, a 16 bar cutting of a prepared song with sheet music, and be prepared to read from the script. Applicants should also be prepared to move. An accompanist will be provided.
Estimated contract dates for A Christmas Carol are early November through December 23, 2020.
Note: These are touring productions and performances will be conducted across the United States. Rehearsals will be held 9a.m.– 6p.m in Omaha. All actors must be available to attend all rehearsals during stated times, as well as all performances.
For additional audition or production information, contact Company Manager Kate Whitecotton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Touring Technical Positions
Salaries are paid for the duration of the contract, paid bi-weekly via direct deposit. Per Diems are paid while on tour via direct deposit. To apply, please e-mail resumes to Company Manager, Kate Whitecotton @ email@example.com.
TOURING ROAD MANAGER
– Manage company and production while on tour.
– Assist with hotel reservations prior to tour.
– Plan trip routing with bus, truck drivers, company manager.
– Manage company funds.
– Serve as liaison to theatre sponsors and hotels.
– Prepare information for company members including a detailed road schedule.
– Assist Stage Manager and Technical Director in maintaining quality of performances.
– Work with Youth Performer Supervisor on
correspondence of school work.
Learn More: http://offstagejobs.com/jobdetail.php?jobID=47743
TOURING STAGE MANAGER
– Run all rehearsals in Omaha.
– Run/Call the show on the road
– Run cues as needed, pending on crew and houses.
– Assist in loading/unloading truck and set up/strike.
– Manage actors to maintain quality of performance.
– Assist TD in assessing space requirements at each venue and adapt staging and spiking.
– Load ins and outs and maintenance of props.
– Instruct houses on sound and pit set up.
Learn More: http://offstagejobs.com/jobdetail.php?jobID=52770
TOURING SOUND TECHNICIAN
– Assist loading/unloading of truck and set up/strike.
– Provide general assistance in all technical areas.
– Work with venue audio equipment and techs.
– Audio playback and wireless microphone reinforcement during performance.
– Responsible for care and upkeep of all tour sound equipment.
Learn More: http://offstagejobs.com/jobdetail.php?jobID=52772
TOURING LIGHTING DIRECTOR
– Call ahead to venues for lighting specifications.
– Interpret original lighting design and adapt to each performance space.
– Oversee local crew for focus/color of pre-hung lights at each venue.
– Program and operate light board for show.
– Assist TD with other duties as directed.
Learn More: http://offstagejobs.com/jobdetail.php?jobID=52771
TOURING LEAD COSTUMER
– Pulling costumes from existing wardrobe to remount show for tour.
– Assisting design staff with fittings and alterations.
– Loading/unloading of costumes.
– Maintenance, repair and laundry of all costumes and wigs.
– Set up dressing areas, dress show.
– Responsible for dressing and coordinating quick changes.
Learn More: http://offstagejobs.com/jobdetail.php?jobID=52773
TOURING GENERAL TECHNICIANS
– Assist loading/unloading of truck.
– Act as one of two ‘special effects’ operators moving Scrooge’s bed. Due to bed dimensions, height/weight restrictions may apply.
– Assist in maintaining set.
– Assist crew as needed with setting of stage.
-Assist in running crew as needed.
Learn More: http://offstagejobs.com/jobdetail.php?jobID=48422
TOURING YOUTH PERFORMER SUPERVISOR
– Oversee the youth performers during all rehearsals, off-hours (while on tour) and performances.
– Enforce all rules as determined by the company and each child’s parents.
– While on tour, work with youth performers on daily study schedules as outlined by their parents and teachers.
– Assist youth performers with lines, blocking, props, backstage movements and quick changes.
Learn More: http://offstagejobs.com/jobdetail.php?jobID=52774
Touring Musical Positions
Salaries are paid for the duration of the contract, paid bi-weekly via direct deposit. Per Diems are paid while on tour via direct deposit. To apply please e-mail resumes to Company Manager, Kate Whitecotton @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Teach vocals to the cast.
– Accompany rehearsals while in Omaha.
– Maintain musical aspects of production.
– Oversee musicians.
– Daily vocal warm-ups.
– Music notes to company as needed.
– Other related duties as assigned.
Learn More: http://offstagejobs.com/jobdetail.php?jobID=52775
CLARINET, FLUTE, BASSOON, FRENCH HORN
– Maintain integrity of performance.
– Adjust performance as instructed by the Music Director.
– Other related duties as assigned.